This is part of a series called “Throwback” – where I revive journal entries and blog posts written/posted on this very day, years ago.
Written on June 3rd, 2014 (three years ago), after listening to an audio devotional called “Daily Hope”. Pastor Rick Warren’s wisdom is so relevant and powerful for my life.
- When you’re thinking about other people over yourself, you’re expressing true humility.
- Humility is not denying your strengths; it’s being honest about your weaknesses.
- Degrading yourself is not humility. There is a clear difference.
- You can’t serve The Lord on earth directly – you can’t even see Him. The only way to do it is through other people.
- Marriage is not a 50/50 relationship; it’s a 110/110, where both sides outdo each other in giving honor.